Applications are invited from outstanding Pakistani Nationals for the award of scholarships for higher studies leading to Phd. The scholarships will be awarded for spring 2010 session in HEC identifies world top ranked disipline wise universities of USA UK, Canada, Australia, Japan, Singapore etc.
Eligablity criteria as advertised by HEC:-
Candidates must have a minimum qualification of MSc., MA, MBA, B.E/B.Sc. Engg or equivalent (a total of 16 years education).
A maximum of two second-division passes throughout the academic career.
Not less than 50% marks throughout the academic career.
Maximum age on Tuesday September 15, 2009: 40 years for full time regular faculty members of public sector Universities/Colleges and employees of the public sector R & D organizations.
35 years for all others.
Applicants must have already secured admission into a PhD program or Master?s leading to a PhD in the specified disciplines in the HEC identified world top ranked discipline wise Universities. The list of these universities & disciplines is available at HEC website (www.hec.gov.pk/ossphase2batch5).
Applicants who are applying for Physical Sciences, Engineering & Technology and Business Education must submit GRE/GMAT score. GRE score should be sent directly through ETS to HEC using the institution code GI 9054. GMAT score will be acceptable only for the candidates for Business Studies.
Applicants who are applying for Veterinary Sciences, Biological Sciences, Social Sciences and Arts & Humanities need to have minimum cumulative 50% academic marks as per HEC Academic Evaluation Formula (HEC-AEF). The HEC-AEF is available at HEC website.
The students already registered/enrolled for programs leading to PhD or PhD in HEC identified institutions abroad may also apply.
The candidates who are already availing any other HEC / Government scholarship offer are NOT eligible to apply.
Prescribed application form will be submitted along with the following documents within the closing date of application i.e. Tuesday September 15, 2009.
1. Photocopies of all educational testimonials.
2. Photocopy of CNIC
4. Attested photocopy of GRE/GMAT score, if available. GRE score report in original must also reach HEC by Tuesday September 15, 2009 directly through ETS, USA to Institution code GI 9054. This is applicable only for Physical Sciences, Engineering & Technology and Business Education disciplines
5. Photocopy of confirmed admission for PhD or Master?s leading to PhD Program at one of the HEC identified universities (list is available at HEC web site).
6. Statement of Purpose (One page)
7. Research Proposal
8. NOC from the employer (only for Government employees)
Note: – All above documents should be in proper order and stapled
1. All scholarships will be awarded on open merit.
2. Confirmed and unconditional admission letters should clearly state that admission is in PhD or MS/MPhil leading to PhD.
3. Candidates having direct admission into PhD will be preferred.
4. Those who have already applied for the Overseas Scholarship in previous phases and have not been awarded scholarship are required to re-apply.
5. In-Service candidates should apply through proper channel. Advance copies will not be entertained.
6. Funding for a maximum period of 4 years will be provided for higher studies leading to a PhD.
7. Limited numbers of scholarships in selected disciplines only are available. Detail is available on HEC website.
8. Awardees have to execute a bond with the HEC to serve in Pakistan for 5 years after completion of study, preferably in an institution of Higher Education.
9. Incomplete and applications received after due date will not be entertained.
Last date of receipt of applications:
Application form, complete in all respect should reach the undersigned latest by Tuesday September 15, 2009 through registered mail or courier service. By hand applications will not be entertained.
Rana Shafiq Ahmad
Higher Education Commission