ISLAMABAD 19th August 2018: Prime Minister Imran Khan addressed to the nation for the first time as Pakistan’s chief executive. He initiated like his predecessors that nation is in a big mess and economy is shattered.
Following are the Key Points of Prime Minister Imran Khan’s first televised speech to the nation.
– It is my vision that there will be a day when no one will take zakat in Pakistan. This can be accomplished if we move towards nation building. We will be the country which will help others. That is the Pakistan I want to see.
– I will lead a simple life and have to keep security because of threats. I will save your money and spend it on the underprivileged. I will do no business while in power. Those people against you are my enemies. Those stealing the country’s money are destroying you. You have to help to protect this money. It is your responsibility to stop these people and help me. You need to keep a check on us on how we spend your tax money. I want to assure everyone that Allah has given our country everything and we have to protect it.
– We want to make Pakistan a welfare state. It is our responsibility to improve the situation of our street children, widows and handicapped. We need to take responsibility for them.
– I have spoken to all of Pakistan’s neighbours and improve relations with them. There is a need for peace and without it, we cannot improve the country’s situation.
– We will work to implement the National Action Plan.
– We will towards a South Punjab province. The situation in Karachi needs to improve which includes the law and order, garage, water and other problems in the city.
– Our government in Balochistan will work towards addressing the grievances of the Baloch people.
– The situation in FATA is dire and there is destruction there due to war. We will work to hold local government elections in FATA.
– There is massive potential for tourism in Pakistan. We will open four new resorts every year to promote tourism. We will develop the beaches in Karachi and Gwadar.
– It is important for our future generations to plant trees. There is a need to tackle pollution. We need to tackle the issue of garbage to start a campaign to clean our country.
– I want to make sports grounds and parks. This is the right of our citizens.
– We have to create jobs for the youth, low-income housing, teach skills. We will provide youngsters with interest-free loans to start businesses.
– We have to improve the local government system.
– There is a need for civil service reforms. Dr Ishrat will lead a committee for this purpose. I want to tell civil servants there will be no political interference from our government. We will give you respect. I want you to treat an ordinary Pakistani with respect when he comes to a government office. There will be a right to services act which will give bonuses to departments working efficiently and penalise those which are not.
– If Pakistan needs to forward fast we need to help farmers. The government needs to help farmers make money by reducing costs and increasing yield. There is a need for agricultural research to accomplish this.
– No one thought of the water crisis. We will make a ministry on water which will work towards resolving this crisis.
– We have to improve the standard in government hospitals. We will introduce a health card across Pakistan.
– We have to improve the state of government schools. We should not forget children in madrassas. We will raise the standard of education in madrassa’s as well.
– We will take strict action on cases of child abuse.
– We have to fix the police system. I am happy about the change in the police system in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. This was a major reason for our election victory in the province. Nasir Durrani will be given an advisory in the Punjab cabinet to fix the police in the province. We will work with the Sindh government to also do this.
– We have to meet the chief justice and fix issues pertaining to resolving pending cases. Civil cases should not proceed beyond one year. We will bring a system for this. I want to request the chief justice to at least resolve pending cases of widows in the country.
– The corrupt people will make a lot of noise when we target them. They might come onto the streets or say that democracy is under threat. Either Pakistan will be saved or these corrupt people.
– We will fix the SECP. I have kept the Interior Ministry because I want to monitor the money-laundering which takes place.
– We will pass the whistleblower act.
– We have to concentrate our effort on corruption. I will meet with the NAB chairman to discuss what help the bureau needs.
– We will create investment opportunities for overseas Pakistanis. We have a shortage of dollars because out trade gap has increased significantly. I want overseas Pakistanis to deposit money in our banks and send remittances through banks.
– I will tell our embassies to make the process easy for overseas Pakistanis.
– There will be an office in the PM Office to facilitate those wanting to do business in Pakistan.
– We have to increase our exports. Our government will help export industries and our business advisory council will hold meetings with them.
– Never vote for a leader who has money out of the country.
– We will make a high-powered task force to recover money taken out of Pakistan illegally. The people doing this are the real criminals of this country.
– If we start paying taxes we will get out of deficit.
– We will fix the FBR and assure the nation that I will be responsible for your taxes. It is your responsibility to pay taxes.
– Only 800,000 people out of 200 million pay taxes in Pakistan
– It is my aim to make this nation stand on its feet. We have to sacrifice to become a great nation.
– We need to stand on our own feet. Taking loans means losing your freedom and respect.
– No nation can progress by taking loans which are meant to be only taken for short periods in difficult times.
– We will use this saved money on the members of our society who have been left behind.
– We will make a taskforce under Dr Ishrat Hussain which reduce costs in the country.
– We will make a research university in the PM House.
– None of our governors will live in the Governor House.
– We will auction the government’s bullet-proof vehicles and return the money to the exchequer.
– I will not live in the PM House but in residence of the military secretary. I will have two cars. I wanted to live in my own house but was told by agencies that my life was under threat which is why I am living here.
– My entire life people told me I could not be a cricketer, captain, make a hospital. My whole life I have learnt to fight.
– There needs to be progressive taxation which helps in providing basic amenities to people of low-income levels.
– Rule of law stands supreme for a nation, every civilization peaking is because of this and keeping law above everyone.
– Who will resolve the water crisis? Pakistan is No.7 on the list of countries to be most affected by global warming.
– We need to change our mindset and think about the children who are out of school.
– If we do not change our direction we will head towards disaster.
– The prime minister of Pakistan has 524 servants, 33 bullet-proof cars, helicopters, aeroplane, the PM house is on 11,000 Kanals. elected officials continue to live in the country like the British.
– Pakistan’s Human Development Index reveals that the country is among the five nations in the world with the highest child mortality rate below the age of five and stunted growth for children. Every second Pakistani child is malnourished.
– We need to take loans to pay off the interest on previous loans.
– Pakistan’s loan in Rs 28,000 billion. We will find out where this money went
– I never considered this [politics] as a career or profession and wanted to make Pakistan an Islamic welfare state.
– I want to begin my address by thanking my workers who 22 years ago started with me in this movement and jihad.