Under the: 2010 Australian Deuelupmmt Scholarship? ADS from the Australian Agency for international Development is pleased to invite applications from interested candidates who are committed to contribute towards the development of Pakistan. The Australian Development Scholarships ADS are the
principal mechanism by which Australia provides scholarship assistance for individuals from developing countries in development studies at Australian development institutions.
Then: scholarships are available to all citizens of Pakistan (who currently reside in country and for Masters level study in Australia commencing in memcst:r1 Jauuary 2010. Fifty percent scholarships are reserved for Iitrrtalrr candidates; high priority will bc given to those who have not studied overseas at the postgraduate level. The scholarships suv.- generous and include o stipend as well as till tuition fees ntwe1I
respected and internationally recognized Australians universities.
Eligibility Criteria for ADS
1.? Be Pakistani citizens (dual nationals an: not eligible) and not have permanant residence in Australia or New Zealand
2. not be married or engaged to a person who is eligible to hold Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residence:
3. Satisfy Australian government requirements for international student entry to Australia (health. Character etc)
4. Not hold another scholarship:
5. Not have held a foreign scholarship in the 24 months preceding the application (24 months are calculated from the date of arrival back in Pakistan to the closing date for receipt of application i.e 26th April 2009)
6. Be applying to commence a new course of study and not be seeking support for a course already commenced in Australia
7. Be able to take up the scholarship in the year for which it is offered
8. Satisfy admission requirements of Australian tertiary institution in which the course is to be undertaken.
Candidates must also:
l. be applying for courses that fall within the priority areas identified below;
2. Have a high standard of academic background with suitable level of previous study minimum of 60% average grades.
3. have a satisfactory command over the English Language as indicated by at least an overall current IELTS Band of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 (a test result obtained anytime after November 2007 will be considered current). AusAlD will reimburse the amount for IELTS examination for the successful candidates
(if exam is undertaken between 23 Feb 2009 to 11 April 2009)
4. have at least I6 years ofeducation;
5. have at least? 2 years work experiencc in the field in which you are applying
6. not be older than 45 years at the closing date for applications (i.e. 26 April 2009).
Priority areas: In each case merit will be given to candidates likely to influence development outcomes at the national and regional levels.
1. Education (e.g. Education and Teacher Training, Educational Administration, Educational Management, Health Educators Education, Primary Teacher Education)
2. Health (e.g. Health Service Management, Public Health, Mother and Child Health)
3. Natural Resources Management (e.g. Agriculture, Animal husbandry, Animal studies, Aquaculture and Fisheries, Forestry, Horticulture, Rural Management, Environmental Studies)
4. Social Sciences (e.g. Criminology, Trans-national Crime Prevention, Development Studies, International Affairs, Public Policy, Social Policy, Women?s Studies, Human Rights)
5. Governance (e.g. Public Administration and Management, Development Management, Public Sector Financial Management, Economics, Human Resource Management, International Trade and Customs, Social Administration, Taxation Studies)
6. Law and Legal Studies (e.g. Justice, Law Enforcement, Legal Studies)
7. Information Technology (e.g. Information Technology Management, Computer Science)
How to apply
Applicants fulfilling these basic eligibility criteria should submit an application which can be downloaded from the Australian High Commission, Islamabad website: https://www.pakistan.embassy.gov.au/. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the scholarships program are also available on the High Commission website. For further information please send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls or correspondence will be accepted regarding the status of applications.
Applicants should submit the following additional documents in support of the application:
? Three application forms in original (photocopied forms will not be accepted);
? One copy of the self assessment form for eligibility to be attached on top of the three application forms;
? Three recent passport size photographs affixed to the forms;
? Attested copies of educational certificates and detailed mark sheets (transcripts) for all examinations from matriculation/O levels to the highest degree obtained;
? Copy of National Identity Card and Passport;
? Employment letters specifying years of service and job description (for all years of employment);
? IELTS score sheet (mandatory-a test result obtained anytime after November 2007 will be considered current, expired scores will not be accepted);
? All Master applicants whose study program will include at least 50 percent research MUST attach an outline of the proposed research project (up to 1,000 words) to each application form.
Please note that all documents sent to AusAID should be on A-4 size paper and should be attested by a First Class Government Gazetted officer or any person of an equal status. Candidates should also ensure that the ?Employer and Nominating Authority statement? on page 11 and 12 of the form is fully completed.
Scholarship holders should note that they are required to return to Pakistan and take up a position that makes use of the study for a minimum period of two years. Scholarship awards must be taken up in 2010 and cannot be transferred to the next academic year.
Information on courses offered by Australian universities may be obtained by visiting the Australian Education International website: https://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au. Information on IELTS examination schedule (test dates and centres) and how to register for an exam can be obtained from the website: www.ielts.org. Please note that an IELTS result becomes available two weeks after sitting for the examination. TOEFL scores cannot be submitted in place of IELTS scores as TOEFL results are not accepted for student visa purposes under the Australian law. Applicants who have a foreign degree are not exempt from submitting a current IELTS result with their application.
Please clearly mark the envelope with the scheme under which you are applying (ADS). The deadline for receipt of applications at the AHC is 26 April 2009. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered. Only successful applicants will be advised of the outcome of the selection process (by mid June). All decisions of AusAID are final.
Applications together with the requisite documents should be sent to:
The Program Officer
Australian High Commission (AHC)
Diplomatic Enclave 1, Sector G-5/4
P.O. Box 1046, Islamabad.